Wednesday, June 4, 2014

On The Rocks - Review





ON THE ROCKS Synopsis:

Love is best served on the rocks.

My roommates look really good naked. At least one of them does. I’m sure the other one does too, but I haven’t seen him without his pants on. Living with two guys wasn't something I’d ever considered, but the opportunity fell in my lap, and I’d have been crazy to turn it down.

College went by in a great big blur leaving me with less of a direction than I had going in. Add in a family that wanted nothing to do with me, and my post-college plans were less than clear. What’s a girl to do when she has nowhere else to turn? She moves to the Outer Banks and learns to bartend. After all, it was my horrible bartending skills that led me to my roommate’s bed and into his heart.

Buy Links:

Amazon



Alyssa Rose Ivy Bio:

Alyssa Rose Ivy is a New Adult and Young Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.

 

Links:






My Review:



“Sometimes love is best served on the rocks, especially when it’s the kind of love that changes you forever.”

This book made my heart smile! It made me all tingly in side…. I love when you get the chance to watch two people fall in love with each other without all the MAJOR complicated drama! Don’t get me wrong though…. Sometimes I love lots of angst in stories but there are times that I want some drama without it overpowering the love aspect of the book.

This is the story of two people who don’t really know what they are going to do with their lives. They are kind of walking along the path of life and join each other to end up in the direction that they love. I enjoyed watching the build-up between Macon and Carly! They had the fun flirtatious side and had a way of getting at each other but you still saw that they cared!

Macon was a great guy in this story! The things he did for Carly… ie…. Doing the online bartending class with her! It just amazed me! I loved his fun personality too…. Throwing her in the ocean fully dressed. Plus he never took advantage of her which showed a true gentleman. Although, he did have some moves in the bedroom which is always a good thing!

The book was told from both Carly and Macon’s POV! It was a quick read and truly enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment